Are you looking for a way to get involved? Do you have a smile to share with others on Sunday morning?
Here at FPC, we have many ministry opportunities, for people of all ages and interests! Many of us are unable to participate on mission trips to faraway places for many reasons, but we can emulate Jesus by welcoming members and visitors right here at First Presbyterian Church each Sunday in various ways. We believe that God has given each of us gifts, so why not use yours to help further His Kingdom?
“Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God’s grace in its various forms.” 1 Peter 4:10
Currently, we have a need for volunteers in these areas:
- Light board operators
- Video/slide operators
- Stage decorators
- Worship band members
Kevin Dailey: email@example.com
- Middle School Sunday School teachers
- High School Sunday School teachers and small group leaders
- Weekly Bible Study Small group leaders
- Sunday Night Youth Group volunteers (come hang out with the students to get to know them and then a short lesson at the end)
- Sunday School teachers (Preschool-5th grade)
- Wednesday night teachers (6:30-7:30PM)
- Sunday Greeters (One Sunday a month for 30 min)
- Children’s Committee Members (Meet once a month)
Becky Prichard: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bus Driver (Occasional need) Joe Moore: email@example.com
- SAReads Volunteers (6000 new books to sort & label. Meets 2nd and 4th Tuesday) Jane Warren: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Receptionist volunteer : email@example.com
- Receptionists serve for a shift of one hour once a month or when available as a substitute. They answer the telephone, supply car decals, order name tags and cd’s plus provide a friendly face to all. Karin Gabrielson is the contact person who will provide hands on training and introduce you to a buddy to help you on the job.
- Library volunteer- Nancy Johnson: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Greeter- David Youngquist: email@example.com
- Greeters take their assigned places at entrances or in the parking lot about ten or fifteen minutes before a service to welcome all who come to worship. David Youngquist is the contact person who will give you some tips and schedule you when you are available.
- Usher – Issac Olivares: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ushers help before and during the worship service by welcoming the congregation, collecting the tithes, and offering assistance when needed. Isaac Olivares is the contact person who will discuss the best schedule for you and answer your questions.
- Host of HalfTime (Cookie bakers and hospitality)- Carol West: email@example.com
- Cookie Providers deliver a recipe (approximately three or four dozen) of homemade cookies for the Halftime Fellowship periodically. Carol West is the contact person who will be happy to let you know when more cookies are needed.
- Flower Girls – Susan Chandler: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rearrange the Sanctuary flowers into small arrangements for members who are ill or distressed. Susan is the contact person who will be happy to discuss our ministry and how you can get involved.
- FPC Scholarship Committee- Contact Lisa Snow: email@example.com
- Bulletins and Mailings – Communications Team: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Provide assistance assembling materials for services, as well as mailouts to the congregation. Email the communications team if you would like to be contacted for these opportunities.
If you have an idea about a ministry or service that we currently do not offer, but you would like to see at FPC, please contact the church at (210-226-0215) and we’ll get you in touch with the right person.
To get involved in local or global missions, click here.